Saturday, April 10, 2021

Transitioning Into the Unknown

So what's next?

Honestly I have spent the majority of January feeling completely lost and wondering what to do. I have completed a 50 mile running challenge, baked cakes and bread, looked into multiple new progression routes, including becoming a paramedic, completed multiple art pieces, watched unhealthy amounts of Grey’s Anatomy and felt generally down...

And then I returned to the arts and it may not have solved my problem of not knowing what is next but all of a sudden the storm cleared and there was focus again. There are so many reasons using the arts, in this case, acting, can help. For me there's the act of setting a goal, the discovery, the improvement, the reaching out and networking and hopefully the achievement. 

Moving on from my Module 3 topic 'How the study of Shakespeare can impact a currently practising actress' I decided to go right back to the basics and work on some more monologues. I don't have a path to the future because of it, but I have a moment, a series of moments with complete focus, where the world around was silent and where I could process my own feelings and emotions into a meaningful product. I have reached out to a small circle of friends who inspire me and we have learnt from each other and somehow in the midst of a pandemic where everything is uncertain, I have a moment of focus and calm and comfort.

I cannot control the future, who knows what is in store, but I can control the present and that is how I am tackling my progression into the unknown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitioning Into the Unknown

So what's next? Honestly I have spent the majority of January feeling completely lost and wondering what to do. I have completed a 50 mi...