Sunday, November 15, 2020

2.45 am with 111 online tabs

Its 2:45am... 

I'm blogging...

 and I currently have 64 google tabs open and another 47 firefox tabs. 

I will never underestimate the power of my broadband again.


Module three you are testing me. My blogging commitment is still something to be desired but i'm trying. I don't have a big update on where I'm at -I have made big progress but - I think my brain is as scattered as my 111 google tabs!

I can, however, offer an observations to keep you going-


Today I read an article. I used it to inform some writing within my inquiry. 

Then, within the space of a few hours I managed to select, comprehend, and advance my inquiry Word Glossary.. YAY! (yes i'm actually doing a word glossary... Why?...) 

... well.. I then reread the article I had used, to find a complete different meaning to what I had originally comprehended and subsequently implied due to my new and solidified definitions of technical jargon..... back to square one.... that is the power of language. #knowyourjargon

I am supporting myself through this with the idea 'knowledge is not how much you know, it's knowing how much you don't know.'

It is now 3:22 am.. but this was worth watching! Anyone who's confused by ethical considerations and privilege, this might help in an amusing but truthful way.



Goodnight friends!

Sleep well..


3 comments:

  1. Hi Lorien,

    Thank you for sharing this Ted Talks, it had me laughing and crying!! It has certainly made me think about my own privilege, in ways I had never thought about.

    The 100+ tabs open, is one that I know well! It is so hard to know which ones to close and which to keep there!

    Sending lots of positive and creative vibes to you during the next few weeks!

    Paul x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Paul,
      Thanks for this reply, the boost I needed this morning! Glad you enjoyed the Ted talk, i've found so many more interesting ones since, maybe check out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paBsyBY_-dA for another perspective.

      Haha....my laptop restarted itself last night.. ahhh... closed all of my tabs for me. DYING! However, I feel that it lifted a huge weight off my shoulders by taking that decision out of my hands haha.

      Thank-you so much! Hope your Mod 2 is all coming together nicely now, shout if u need anything.

      Lorien xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Lorien,
    What a great Ted Talk! Really made me think about privilege and how different people experience life.
    I am the same with having all the tabs open- but then I can never find the one I want!
    I hope your analysis is going well :)
    Alys x

    ReplyDelete

Transitioning Into the Unknown

So what's next? Honestly I have spent the majority of January feeling completely lost and wondering what to do. I have completed a 50 mi...