Monday, November 30, 2020

So near... and now so far! : A note to module 2's

 Tonight we had...dare I say it....  amusing module 3 Skype! Yes...people actually laughed..a lot! With only 10 days left 😮

Tonights Skype session was genuinely a lovely environment. Its amazing how much we've all got to know each other despite never meeting in person! Everyone talked about their artefact and their enquiry and how much they had learnt and how creative ther are being with their artefact..And even how all our discoveries interlap..

This feeling of elation lasted all of 10 minutes for me 🙃. Honestly this module is soooo deceiving! You see the light at the end if the tunnel, you can almost touch it.. and then BANG, some giant lory has crashed in front of you and your not even sure what light even looks like any more!

But really I genuinely feel so out of my depth. I don't think my brain has the capability of understanding the complexity of any of my topics any more, every time you think you find something, the rug gets pulled from underneath you. This is me right now. I've been rewriting my lit review and suddenly every quote actually means something completely different and therefore my entire analysis is flawed. Absolute midnight meltdown going on. Also I'm so grateful for my mum. She's not been massively involved in my inquiry...but she's there when I'm most confused... apart from right now..  in my midnight meltdown ahhh. 


But to module 2s out there my note is... hold on, you will see the light at the end of the tunnel! I hope you experience a similar vibed skype, as we did today as it was a real collective moment even if short lived...


And to myself... keep believing that before the biggest breakthroughs you face the darkest moments...and this is one of them... and the light will return .... please 🙏

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lorien,
    This post made me laugh, I am glad you had a good skype! I also feel so weird having not met any one but feeling like we have such a connection from this community. I can't wait to hear more about your inquiry and your findings!
    Thank you for this post
    Alys :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorien,
    Love this post! To be honest with you the timings of our m3 zooms have been so unatainable that barely anyone goes to them! Ive not been to 1 this term and ive got 4 weeks left! I am feeling exactly how this post feels! I got my draft in but i have no clue if ive actually understood the task! Ie also got no clue where to start with my artefact! I was going to do a dance but im now 6 months pregant and have no time or space to get a dance sorted before the deadline! Argh.... any tips to help me think of the artefact? X

    ReplyDelete

Transitioning Into the Unknown

So what's next? Honestly I have spent the majority of January feeling completely lost and wondering what to do. I have completed a 50 mi...